Maritime College of Forest Technology
The Maritime College of Forest Technology (MCFT), formerly the Maritime Forest Ranger School (MFRS) Fredericton, New Brunswick was established in April 1946 as a cooperative effort of the provincial governments of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, and the wood-using industries of the two provinces. The original location for MFRS was on the grounds owned by the University of New Brunswick which housed Alexander College which is known today as the Fredericton Exhibition Grounds. In 1949 MFRS moved to its new location overlooking the Saint John River Valley. The MFRS stood alone at this location until the construction of the new campus in 1986. This current campus is part of the Hugh John Flemming Forestry Centre and is presently shared with the Canadian Forest Service and NB Department of Energy and Resource Development. In 1980 the college expanded to include a francophone campus in Bathurst, NB.
1350 Regent Street
Fredericton New Brunswick